Saturday, June 23, 2007

Friday update

Hi Everyone, This is Cindy Bonk and it is Saturday morning, we wanted to update you on what all we did yesterday. Two groups went to Monaloa (probably spelled wrong) One group worked in the kitchen serving lunch. This is called Project Manna where they feed apx. 150 children lunch everyday. Our wonderful crew prepared food, served food, cleaned up, washed dishes, hauled trash and played, played, played and played some more with the kids. The other group went up the mountain and I mean UP, the slightly out of shape ones in our group thought we were going to die, once they were up the mountain they began to dig a HUGE trench for a wall. These kids and adults were unreal in how hard they worked and dug. I don't want to mention any names because I do not want to miss anyone. But, I can tell you that every group is a cross section of all congregations represented and EVERYONE especially parents should be SOOOOOOO proud of your children. They may not clean their rooms, but they are working like crazy here. The other group went to Union and worked on another three homes and another day of VBS. Everyone was really tired last night, but we enjoyed a night out at the mall. Some of you may have gotten a phone call from your child, if they were able to get in. This is a wonderful group and everyone is having an amazing time. This morning (Saturday) we have most of the group at Union building another 3 or 4 homes. I can tell you from what I have seen you can not imagine the gratitude these people have for this little house that is built for them. One lady went and bought our workers a couple of large soda bottles and when we were finished building stood in the door way with her arms raised to heaven and said mucho mucho gracias. (thank you very very much). She kept saying this and the look on her face was priceless. Another family slept by their lumber and told us that they prayed that it would not rain on them. They said that God answered their prayers. The people in Honduras are loving, and generous, just like the lady with the soda, that was a huge thing for her to do. They want so badly to give to us and show us their appreciation. We are actually the ones that are receiving blessings from this trip. A group of us are at the hotel sorting vitamins and clothes for distrubition next week. We are looking forward to a cookout on the balcony of the hotel tonight and then to Baxter to play soccer. We miss you all and love receiving your messages. Our newcomers are doing great!!!
We love you all!!!!!

From Cindy Bonk
To my family,
I love you and miss you all and can not wait to share our trip with you. I want so badly to bring you all with us, especially Shane, I know you would really get into this and the boys have so much fun together. Dad, Milton wishes he could see you, he says you are a wonderful man and he loves you. His english is really getting good. And for all of you that thought Rick kept his tag on his hat that is not him, that is Sam from Winter Haven. Ryan, you were right about the flowers, you know Carrie well! We are looking forward to you and Carrie being home for the rest of the summer. To my babies I am excited about the rest of our long summer and the fun we will have. Tell Mommy and Daddy to give you lots of kisses and hugs from Mimi and you can give them one from me!
Love and kisses to everyone, Dee

To Julie,
I thought about you a lot last night I did not sleep well and every time I woke up I was thinking about you, so I just kept asking God to watch over you. P.J. is doing so good and he seems very happy. He has been working so hard and having fun. I love you and I am giving you a big hug in my thoughts right now. I will continue to pray for you. Rick sends his love.
Love, Cindy

From Jan Matthews

To all my special family. Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers. Jen, I missed the part about the anniversary? Maybe you were a month ahead? anyway thanks . Guess we should have gone along with it because some said if they´d known they would have bought our dinner last night. It´s been good. I worked on construction sites Tues., Wed., and Fri. On Thurs. I did VBS, Lots of fun with the little kids. Today ´,Sat. I´m helping sort clothes and shoes. I did okay until I came across a pair of grandmas´ shoes , it took me a few. We send our hugs and lots of love. Any of you that might want to come with us when your old enough, need to start learning your Spanish ,it will make it even better, because the kids really like to talk to you. Take good care. You are in my prayers too .Love you all lots!!!!!!xxxxxxoooooo Nana & Papa.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,

Got your messages. The pictures on the blog are great. Looks like you are working hard as usual. Chris is at Harding. Things are good here. Frank hasn't called today! YEA! Miss you. Love,Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hayden, its Saturday. I'll be home in 3 days!Can't wait to see you, I miss my hugs! I'll see daddy on Sunday when he comes to pick up the "stuff".Not alot to tell, just been working at moms. Daddy and I are so excited when we hear from you! Keep working hard, we are so proud of you, play hard, enjoy the children, they are so special..Love you bunches...mom

Beverley Stewart said...

Hi Everyone,
This is Beverley. Tom and I arrived here safely! Unfortunately, our luggage and the two bags of vitamins we were carrying did not. Hopefully, we will get that today or tomorrow. Thank you George for our ride to the airport! We are about to leave for Church so I will try to get a messaage sent later. Julie PJ attacked me when he saw me. He actually gave me a bear hug off the ground. Hayden and Kate are there usually happy smily selves.
Well, better run. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Mari Catherine,
Hey!!! Sounds like you are having a GREAT time!! I tried to send you a message on Weds. but for some reason it didn't go through! We are as well as can be here-- Daddy won't get his stitches out till Mon. or Tues. Daddy and I went to Meagan Ray's wedding Fri. nite-- it was so pretty!!! Mrs. Ray said to tell you she missed you but was so excited about what you were doing. She wants you to e-mail her when you get home. We mis you so much!!! It is so quiet around here
w/o you!!! I showed Mimi how to log onto the blog so she is going to try and send you a message soon. Daddy talked to Mama and Papa and they said to tell you HI!!!!
WELL, I'd better go and try this again WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!
MOm Daddy Midnight Ashes Squeaker Princess Mimi and Grandpa
PS WE LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!e

Christi DeGeare said...

To Gabriel & Angela-

I had the privelege of teaching your class today and your students wrote some notes to you- we miss your sweet faces and pray for the wonderful work you are doing.

Love Christi DeGeare

- I hope you're having a good time, Love Zach

- We're praying for you! Love, Jakob

- I hope you're having a great time in Honduras. Are you building lots of houses? Your friend, Seth

- I hope you have a good time in Honduras and make the people that live there a better life and make them happy. Your friend, Jeremy

- I am a visitor but I hope you have a safe trip. I think it's really neat that you're building homes for people. God is with you. Love, Kylie Cole

- I miss you teaching us. I bet you guys are doing awesome on building. I hope you guys are having fun. I am glad you guys went because the Honduras people really need you guys. You guys are awesome. I am proud of you guys. Love, Michaela

- Have a good time in Honduras and hope you have fun building the houses! Love, Taylor

- I miss you. I hope you brought your sunscreen! I bet you guys are doing great on building those houses. Love, Sean

- I miss you teaching us very much. Love, Robert

- Have a good time in Honduras and I pray to God so you'll be safe. Ciara

- I hope you're having a good time. Your student, Emily Patton

Anonymous said...

Clayton. - i miss you! and i thought that i would write to you because i was sitting down to dinner with shelby and she was saying grace and right when she was done she turned to me and said, "Claytons face was made VERY well-ly!" It was so funny! but i hope everything is going well. be safe and i miss you!!!
<3 aly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Its Mom Just wanted to check in. It is Sunday evening at 8:40pm and getting things ready for the week at work. Nothing going on here except that we miss you alot, but I know the kids are loving all of you there. Josh says hi and that he and Lindsey miss you. Have a great night sleep and sweet dreams.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

to ANA R~
sorry i haven't left you a gazzilion messages..yet! ;)
sound like yall are really making a difference over there...i'm so proud of ya! :)
as far as the whole when am i coming down...that lady still hasn't contacted me...so just plan on 16-20 cuz i'm gonna be like i'm sorry but i AM taking off those days! lol! (okay come on, just picture me saying that to my boss, that's gotta make you laugh)
o yeah and abs and i hung out...she's doing good, tho she's working in a cubical 8 hours a day 5 days a week making phone calls the poor thing!
but yeah that seems to be a pretty good update from OH...hope everything's going well for ya in honduras, it seems to be from the update i just read! :)
MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! sniff sniff i need someone to talk to!!! :(

Ashley Miller said...

Johnny..

Hey babe...
Just wanted to let you know that my phone completely broke..im trying to get a new one this week but im not sure yet...so if u try and call me this week at all..u are going to have to call my house.. u can try to call my phone i may have new oneby then..well gtg.. I love you so much..

Anonymous said...

Tonia, the pictures are amazing! My dad and i were looking over all of them and we were astonished at what we saw! they are awesome! Oh and the one casey took was very good too!! :) keep up the good work! we miss you!
xoxo.
<3 alyson

colleen said...

Hi Devin, thinking of you often. No mail yet. You look like you're working had and loving it. I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Steph: Glad you got there OK. We have talked to Garrett a few times. He was bored. I guess he told you that he now has to get up at 2:45Am and go to bed at 7PM. He said his space was better and bigger and he does want some clothes. Do you have the key to your storage? He wants his black Addidios (did not spell that right). If you have the key we can get them when you come home. If it is at tour house you can tell me where to find it and the shoes and I can go for you. Just let me know either here or on my email. (jhowell@dwhomes.com)See you soon. Love your favorite mother in law

Anonymous said...

Mikey...Just wanted you to know that we are really looking forward to seeing you soon. I heard a rumor that you bought out the local pulperia's supply of Tropical Uva--I just hope you can get it all back home without breaking your back. Dave, Tracey, Chuchie and Bella send their love. Andy started his new job today, but he had to have his Mohawk modified before he could report; Dave, Tracey and ;Todd came over last night and we grilled out. The steak was cooked just right. Talked about you, too. Have a safe trip home...we love you very much.

Dad, Mom, and the gang...

p.s. do you mind if chuchie plays one of your guitars...he's been eyeing them wistfully as they hang on your bedroom wall...