Friday, June 23, 2006

Day 4

All the houses 8 or 9 not really sure, on the mountain that were started have been completed. Nine men and Shannon Davis (expert roofer!) got up and left at 6 this morning to get things going.
The rest of the troops headed out at 9 after breakfast and devotional.

Cindy, Lori, Cherilynne, Tami, Wayne and I stayed behind with a small group of awesome workers (Catie, Alyssa, Zach, Chris P, Cory, Caitlin, Sammi, Brittany,Hadley boys, Melissa J, Nicole and completed the food and clothing sorting, measuring and packing in one day. That was a first! 400 bags of food and about the same in clothing. Wayne sorted through the rest of the medical supplies and then came to help with food and clothing. We were just as proud of ourselves as we were of the hard working construction crew!! Keith and Cary are doing an amazing job of keeping things going well.

Tonight after chicken spaghetti we went to have ice cream - so funny trying to get what you want when you don´t speak the language.
Back to Baxter and we had a short devotional followed by two young men from Honduras being baptized. They have been studying for a while with one of the young people doing mission work here.

Tomorrow we head to Union something- where are my spanish speakers when i need them¿
This is where we built our first church, a few years back. We plan to build, and have the clinic going again.

We are all very exhausted, but it is amazing to see what you can accomplish when the tv isn´t on!!! God is with us every minute and helping us to see Jesus in each other and those we serve. This group of adults and teens are such a blessing to be with.

I don´t have the blog book, i don´t think Rich Countryman gave it back!! I will post the comments tomorrow night if not too late.

Here is a brief synopsis of what you will hear:
I´m good, we are safe, today was busy, I love and miss you, tell ________ i said hi,
i´m tired, etc....

We are getting your messages- Suzanne, Susan B, and anyone else who thinks we aren´t.
So keep sending them!!!!! We even get some a few times....

I have my blog note in my head:
Note from Tonia
Hey everyone, I miss talking to you guys. Family- I love and miss you all!! WE are doing great. Irene I am proud of you for taking my class Wed. I had no doubt you would do well. Thank you Richard for the back up. Beverley- no accidents for heather today- she is such a hard worker- amazes me that she never stops- ok sometimes for a drink... Suzanne and Jim- I still haven´t been on Alexs crew yet but i talked to him tonight at ice cream - where he didn´t have any- surprise! and he took the blog book from me, so you do have messages i just don´t have it- see above lol. He is enjoying it, though.
Clayton- your son is so amazing- he also never stops for anything. Where do these kids get the energy¿
Sherri, Laura Beth is doing great!! Working very hard.

Note from Tami Milner
mom, just wanted to let you know Tonia is working hard and for once i am getting lots of pictures of her to show you when i get back. i cant believe this is the 4th day, i feel like we have been here much longer. this group is amazing, they all have such a great sense of humor (did i spell that right) and such a desire to serve other people. watching everyone interact with the honduran children is truly amazing. i really wish i had paid more attention to cj´s spanish homework so i understood the language better. how is mark ? send him and wendi my love.
Charles, has anyone heard from my girls? i guess i love my job too much, but i cant stop wondering how they are doing, but i`m sure they are fine without me. my mom said you were thinking about coming next year for a week, i told kieth and i think he just booked your flight :) you would definitely be a great contribution here. ok its getting late and we have a big day tomorrow. i cant wait to get back on the mountain. i love you and tell your mom thanks for feeding you! tami

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Everyone is saying how hard you are working. Praise the Lord because I knew you had it in you. ha. Seems all are doing the Lord's work and that makes the rest of us so very proud. Laura we are very proud of you, love and miss you. By this time next week we will be so excited to get you home. Get moving and keep rolling and don't ride dirty. lol Get it??? (Some song)Love Hugs and Kisses Nan and Grampsy

Anonymous said...

Wow! You all have accomplished so much! Yeh! Heather no injuries today. We are so proud of you! Have you been giving your food away again? Just drink lots of water!
Chris I know that you are probably disappointed that the US are out of the world cup! The good news is go ENGLAND! I hope that you are enjoying your experience in Honduras! We are so proud of you!
Dad and I are leaving for our trip today. We are taking his laptop though so we can check the blog.
Well, God Bless the two of you and everyone else. Love Mum (Beverley)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tonia,

Hope you all are doing good. It sounds like you are working furiously for the Lord there and I'm sure he's looking on and smiling at all of you! Please let Mark know that the kids and I will be leaving Sat. morning for Miami (we have to get some beach time in while we are there!) - we will be anxiously waiting for him on Sunday at the airport! If he is going to get his flight information to Julie Anderson, I will get in touch with her over the weekend. Thanks so much - we love & miss you. Stay strong!

Love you bunches!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!!
Is so amazing to hear of all the great things you guys are doing over there specially the baptisms. Is so good to know that we have new brothers and it just gives me chills hearing of all the incredible stuff thats being done overthere...You can tell that God is working thru all of you because no matter how tired you are, or how early it is, or the fact that most of you dont speak spanish,you guys are working even harder to make sure that you go beyond what is expected of you. You have all changed so many lives and I am so proud to say that I belong to a church where not only the adults work this hard, but all of the teens (I love you guys and I miss you a lot)...Is such a blessing to be part of this youth group...Just so you guys know, wednesday the middleschoolers had a lesson about heroes and most of them said that they considered you guys their heroes...Isnt that cool...

Shannon I had no idea you were such a roofer woman thats really cool!!! ***Let it be known that girls can do anything guys can.***
Stewy, Ash, Alyssa, Nana, Catie, Laura (all of my Northwest girls): I know I have said this before but I miss you all so much, I am so very proud of everyone of you and I am sending you the biguest hug and lots of love.
Geoff, CJ, Alex, Mikey, Chris, David, Rob (well all the northwest boys except for Kissy because I am mad at you): I know you guys are working hard and having fun (Chris & Alex I am so proud of you I heard that you guys are doing great yay!!!)I miss you all is weird not having someone here making fun of me, my self esteem has boost up a lot (joking) take care guys...and David I hope you are putting your spanish to practice...
Northwest adults: you guys are such great role models I am defenetely greatful to God for making me part of such a great family.
To mi familia: I love you guys, how are you all doing? I cant wait to hear from you guys, I miss you like crazy, it feels like my entire family is overthere, I am so proud of you all and I am sending you a big hug and all the love in the world.
Michael Kearley: hey my love how are you doing? I hope you are practicing your spanish, how is everything overthere are you an expert at building houses already? Just to let you know I am very proud of you, is hard being away from you, but it helps knowing that is for a good reason...I cant wait to hear from you. I hope you have been reading the journals and dont worry I am doing good, everything here is fine, nothing to worry about, just make sure you continue to work hard...I miss you a lot, and I send you all my love. Stay safe...

To everyone, I love you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers...Continue to stay safe...

Anonymous said...

Hello just another quick update for the Bonks -
Popaw is doing well they have spent a couple of days with Julia and them and are headed back Friday night, Popaw will be going for his test on monday. There is really nothing new at this time.
Carla and them are headed to Sanibel until Tues. Of course she like you mom is worried about being far away with all this going on but we know that he is in capable hands and with lots of prayers he will be fine. We will update you if there is anything new. Nothing new from Masque that I have heard.I asked Michael the other day if he went to MImi and poppy's house and he said no, Mimi bye-bye and then we drove up to the house the other day and he told me that it was Ryan's house :) He must feel like you have been gone forever. The other kids are doing well, savanna fighting a cold or something (of course 2 days before camp!)Stephen called me at work today stressed because he was not packed so I guess he is very anxious to go!
Love and Miss you all - Keep working hard and we will see you soon. Love, Christy