Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From Laura

Hey Mom and family! I typed a note for you all but no one said anything back! I miss yall I got on Mr. Rick's team again! Yay! I've gotten to roof a lot! Can't wait to see all of you. Keith bought all the birthday people a cake tonight, he is so cool. We sang then ate them. Love and miss everyone! P.S. Nana- thanks for taking care of mom and my cat (ha ha)

From Ana

Momma, Eli and Jillian

We're having a great time! Can't believe how fast it's going! Momma, thank you for the note you sent with Gina! It made my day! I love you! Way to go, Munchkin, for runner up Mr. CFBC! Sounds like you had quite an adventure- can't wait to hear about it! Jillian Rose, I miss you so much! Thank you for my beautiful picture! I'm taking good care of your mommy-she's having so much fun! I can't wait to show you all my pictures when I get home. Give Boo and E-I a BIG hug and kiss from me! I love you (all)! Love Ana/Nani

From Gina

Matt and Jillian,
Today I helped build a house. It was a tremendous experience and blessing to me and I can't to tell you all about it and show you all the pictures. Casey and CJ were the crew leaders and were great! JILLIAN, I know you are having lots of fun. I hope you are enjoying the notes and treats I left for you. Today I met a little girl who is about the same age as you. She was so sweet and will live in the house we built. I could imagine you playing and laughing with her. MATT, I am humbled by the work God is doing here- it is tremendous. All of the people on this trip are working so hard for Him. I wish you were with me to experience it. Thank you for all you are doing while I'm away. I love and miss you both!! Tons of hugs and kisses to you! Gina a.k.a. Mommy

To all the parents with kids on this trip-
I wish each of you could get a glimpse of your children in action. They were working so hard and loving so deeply- you should be very proud of them! They are awesome!

Monica-
It is a beautiful oppurtunity to come here. I am excited for when you can come. I have lots of pictures to show you. Much love, Gina

Cindy-
Thanks for taking special care of JIllian. I am so glad you all had fun! I can't wait to share with you all of God's goodness!! Tell Eli I said HI! and you all hug each other for me!

From Jan and Bob

To the Matthews Gang-
Thank you for your messages and encouragement, Everything is going well here, yeasterday (Monday) we made our 300 bags of food, will distribute on Friday. Besides building houses, we will sort clothes and some will go to the childrens hospital. Dad's building everyday. I like to go to the hospital but I've developed a cough so I'll forego it this time. Love to each of you. Happy birthday to Michael and Zayden tomorrow- we'll be thinking about you- take care. Keep us in your prayers- you are in ours! Love Mom and Dad


From Gabriel and Angela

Dear Irene and Gabriel,

I read your message and was very glad to hear from you. My heart skipped a beat because I had not heard or read the word tio in a long time and it makes me think about how much I miss you guys.

Irene, I can not tell you enough how proud you are of you and the perseverance you took upon yourselves to make a better life for the Garcias and Gabriel, the same goes for you, I just keep thinking and thinking about how proud your mother would be of you two, I can picture her face telling me about the both of you with her beautiful eyes wide open telling me about her babies and most say, it brings tears to my eyes.

To the rest of NW,
Sunday is approaching rapidly and I cannot wait to be back there and sing with you guys *not that the singing here is not good* but you know is like a mother’s meal, there is just something beautiful and priceless about it and you just miss it and nothing tastes better. I love you guys very much!!!

To my family–
If you are reading and keeping up – I want you to know that this place is perfect for you. I know how much you guys love to help people and to be in a group and play around and plainly have a good time – I know how much you also love the kids from our church and I just have to say: I wish you were all here so bad – it aches!!!

All my love to everyone and may God be praised,
His servant,
GGG

8 comments:

Bettye Evans said...

Hey Kate,
I've been reading the messages from everyone that's there. I can't tell you how proud Dad and I are that you are working for the Lord in that capacity. You have such a loving heart to share with the people of Honduras. I'm so glad for you to have the experience of sharing that heart with them. Such memories you are making and such work you are doing cannot be matched by this trip. I can't wait to hear about your stories and see your pictures. Come home soon. Hug the children for me too. I do love those hugs.
Mom

Cati said...

Hey PJ,
Just letting you know I think I might be going to Honduras next year with you all. I can't wait. Mom said if I really want to go it will be my senior trip. I hope you all are safe. My prayers are with everyone in Honduras.
Love you,
Cati

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone its Eric and Eli,

Hope your having a great time, cant wait for your return home, we know you probably got beat at soccer.
-Eric
Dad, Uncle Kevin, LB, and Carrie, hope ya'll are working hard and having fun, Rob, hope youre staying out of trouble, Ana, roof a house for me
Love ya'll
Eli

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Its Mom, I hope did you get my message that I wrote on Monday? I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time and doing good things for the people in Hondorous. We love and miss you so much. Nana came today (tuesday) and went to mall to finish the small touches in your room. I can not believe you will be 17 Sunday. You grow up to fast. Patches is doing good and boggie to. Patches has been wanting alot of attention but of course you know boggie is not going to let that happen!! Love and miss you and cant wait to see you Sunday birthday girl!!
love,
mommy

Anonymous said...

From Gabe Jr,

Hey Everyone, hope everything is going great with you guys. It sounds like it at leats from what i been reading. I miss you all can't wait for sunday.

To mi familia,
I miss you so much. I know you have prof of me actually atmeating it, but i have you too. lol. I hope everything is going good with you guys, things over here are going pretty good you know work to home to work. Tio, i miss you alot i don't know why but i do, even Fighthing with you not to lisen to France. LOL. Take care. Love you.

Ashley,
It was great getting to talk to you on friday. You called at the right time because the ghost tour was really really bad. LOL. Will have to go to one when you get back. I hope that you have seen your little boy (johnattan). Continue to have a great trip and to kick butt building house's. Te estrano y te amo. No puedo esperar para este domingo, yo se que tu si pero yo no. Te estrano mucho. Te Amo.
Tu,
Gabrielito.

Gabe Jr.

Bettye Evans said...

Suzanne,
Just had to let you know that the Georgia baseball team is one game away of being National Champions. Joe and I were watching tonight. I thought you'd be excited to hear that. Also, I'm enjoying your blogs everyday. You have such a way with words. I think you should continue these thoughts when you get home to start everyones day on a good note. Between you and Gabriel, how can anyone have a bad day when one reads your thoughts on God's work in His world.
Love and miss you,
Bettye

Anonymous said...

hey there princess, just wanted to say hi! i miss you tons! ive been keeping busy playing my guitar and games and stuff today. i feel like a dork i had alex play beast and the harlot on guitar hero so i could play along with it on my guitar..hehe so as you can see its rather boring without you! i miss you very very much! well ill keep writing hopefully hear from you manana i love you with all my heart babi princess
Princess

Matthew Betz said...

Mommy (Gina B.) - Hello! I had a great day with Grandma. Thank you for my treat (Hello Kitty cup), I love it! Daddy and I had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I love your picture building the house. I miss you and love you tons!! -Jillian

Moots (Gina B.) - Your smile says it all. I am so happy for you and so proud of you! We are doing OK, but really miss you. Good dinner at your parents tonight. I love you! -Matthew

Hi Gina,
What great pictures. I am so glad to see you are enjoying the work there.
Jillian and I had an absolutely wonderful nite and day.She wanted to spend the nite tonite. She likes staying up until 11pm!!! :)
Love and miss you,
Mom and Dad