Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From Gina

My Matt and Jillian,

It was another wonderful day here, Praise God! He gave us the ability to build again and all the teams completed the houses. I built today and it was another moving experience. It started sprinkling a few times as we were building, but God keep the rain away and we were able to finish. I enjoy getting to know the families, as best I can with my few Spanish words I know. They are so loving and grateful for the houses they are given. I find myself at a loss for words when I try to tell you about the acts of service that our taking place by the servants here to glorify God. God's hand is working masterfully here and He is orchestrating such beauty.

I am happy that things are going so well there. I miss you both tremendously and appreciate your notes, they give me so much joy! Again I am sending many hugs and kisses your way!!
All my love to you both,
Gina aka Mommy






Danette,

It is really awesome here, you are going to love it! I am glad that you saw Jillian and Mom at the mall today and had fun. I so appreciate the loving examples of Christ that you and Monica are to Jillian. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Love,
Gina





Amber,

I can't wait to tell you all about this trip, it is awesome! God is mighty, always remember that. His active presence is at work in our lives and that is so powerful. I look forward to seing you on Sunday!
Love,
Gina



Parents who have children on the trip

I am sure that you are praying for your children here to complete God's work. I can assure you those prayers are being answered! They are all working very hard and doing it with such joy. I wish each of you could get a glipse of your child in action, it is so beautiful! They are truly being servants and are doing exactly what we are called to do for our Savior by bringing much glory to His name. Be proud and praise Him!
Love,
Gina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shanny and George,
So glad to finally get a message from you! Glad things are going well. How's your tummy doing Georgi? Sounds like an awesome experience! Jes said you left out Delcastillo in your greetings! She was pouty!:) We have one more night of VBS and its been great. Exhausting but great. Can't wait to see you! Love and miss you both so much! I'm so proud of both of you for all the hard work you two put forth in teaching and setting good examples for not only Christy's children but others as well to follow. To God be the glory! Love Momma

john said...

To Greg Gist: Hi Greg!! I hope all is well in Honduras! We have been reading all the messages on the blog and enjoying every single one! The Floyds have also been visiting the blog daily. We can't wait to hear about all of your experiences and accomplishments in Honduras. We are so proud of all of you and are very happy you are participating in the mission trip. All of your hard work is so valuable for the people in Honduras. Stay safe and we can't wait to see you! Lots of love, Mom