Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day 7

It´s Sunday night and we are back from a very busy day. We got on the bus this morning and headed to Union for Church service. Cary did the sermon in Spanish and English so amazing that he can do that! Rick lead the singing for us, and we listened to the beautiful voices singing praises to God in Spanish. We visited with the folks there, many were known to us. Gary Marrs presided over the Lord´s Table with Gabriel Garcia translating. Alex Holder and Chris Stewart helped with the Lord´s Table and Ian said a prayer. We filled up the church, they had almost 100 children leave for the Sunday school lesson and the church remained full.

After service we headed to a fast food lunch and then on to Valley of Angels. Sort of like Gaitlinburg, a big square with lots of small shops selling junk- i mean precious souviners that some of you may be lucky enough to receive!

We were there for about 90 minutes and then headed to a small Catholic church- really old!!! in Santa Lucia and we sang beautiful praises to God for about an hour. It was awesome!!!

Then back towards town and dinner. The rain came and it is still raining, not sure what that will do to the plans for tomorrow. We have completed 15 homes and plan 3 tomorrow, VBS, and another hospital visit.

The boys are at Baxter playing soccer in the rain, the 2nd night for that.

CENTRAL IN WINTER HAVEN- YOUR PEOPLE ARE MISSING YOU!!! PLEASE SEND THEM SOME ENCOURAGING NOTES
Becky- please publish the site address!

To explain a bit about the blog- for all of you who think your comments aren´t coming thru- it doesn´t happen automatically. I have to sign on, review them and then post them. Most days i can´t get to the computer until late, so if you posted during the day you won´t see it on there until the next day. We have been very fortunate to have a computer in the lobby that we can use, but it is only one, and there are lots of folks who want computer time.
Sorry about all the confusion! We do love hearing from you.
Tonia

Message from Tonia Boyer
Stephanie H. you are very missed here! Can´t wait to catch up with you when i get home, hope all is going well. Love you.

Suzanne, Jimmy, Jim and Jan- it doesn´t get any better than singing with 70 people, mostly awesome teens, sitting beside Rick and in front of Alex. The guys take turns leading and when Alex started with Father God- i just got chills and tears. He really is doing great. I worked on his construction team yesterday and took a few pictures for you. I´m thinking he won´t want that to be his living- but he did well.

Middle school class- we loved your messages thanks for thinking about us and praying for us. We can´t wait until it is your turn.

Berry kids- I bet you were excited to see dad! I know he really missed you all, but he did such a good job here and we will miss him this week.

Mom- and everyone else in the family!
We are still doing well, i am so glad that Tami got to come. We are having some good bonding time along with rooming with Cindy and a crazy lady from Central!! We love Paulette and are having a great time- not sleeping much, because we are up late talking. Well except for Tami who falls asleep so quick. Love you all!!!

Note from Cindy
Hey Christy and Carrie,
We are still having a great time and missing you all terribly. Everyone is doing really good, it was nice to have a day off to rest and have fun. Carrie we got to spend some time talking with Blanca, Fernando and their mom (thanks to Gabriel´s help translating). I will tell you all about it when I get home. When we were at Union yesterday they were having a Ladies Day. It was so neat the women and teenage girls were all dressed up and they had hung flowers and pictures up. I saw Mommy Carmen there. PLEASE one of you get on the blog tomorrow and up date me on how Dad does with his test tomorrow. Christy, how did the kids do going to camp? How did you and Jimmy do? I bet Michael and Synthia will be missing them really bad in a day or two. Poor Michael is going to think that everyone he loves is going Bye Bye.
Goodnight, I Love you, Mom

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanny Boo, I will continue to try to communicate. I see George gave you my message. I love you sweetie and am so proud of you. Jess and the boys send their love, Big Pa and Daddy too. Take care. Hi everyone I miss Northwest so much. You all are doing an awesome job and I admire you so much.Shannon, Daddy said he can use some help with the roof on the breezeway. :) Be safe. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Jonathon.

I enjoy reading about the wonderful things that are happening there and can't wait for each new blog entry. It is so moving (that seems such an inadequate thing to say) to hear how God is working there in your midst. I hope all is well and the rain lets up. Will you be building some more, or visiting the hospital again? We are missing you a lot and can't wait for you to be back home with us, but I hate for this wonderful time to end for you. We've made some changes re the new house and I think you'll approve. We're supposed to have rain here today as well, but hope it clears up for you guys so you aren't further hindered in meeting your goal of 25 houses. We love you all and continue to pray God's blessings upon your work there.

Love,
Mom, Dad, Aaron and Mr. Woofy

Anonymous said...

Greetings and hugs to all from Northwest!!

Well, the earthly love of our lives returned to us safely yesterday afternoon! The way the kids hugged him and hollered you would have thought he had been gone for a year.(or was that me?) Anyway, it was a long drive back to Tampa from Miami - it rained the entire way and it is still raining this morning. Mark talked nonstop for about the first hour of drive back and then kinda conked out. So much to share with us. He shared with me how proud, awed, the words were hard for him - he was of the teens who were working and sharing there. He was so impressed by the "heart of Jesus" he saw in every one of them! He felt like he was leaving too soon - there was so much more to help with. He's already making plans for us both to go next year!! Love to you all - we miss you dearly!! Rob & Laura Beth - Zach still talks about you every day - he can't wait to see you again! Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego (Ashley, Alyssa, Heather) - Michaela and Robert sends a big hug (and so do I) Mr. Wayne - Sean also sends a hug your way, he's looking forward to talking to you. Take Care - Susan

Anonymous said...

hey mom, i will let you know about popaw when i find out whats going on, don't worry ;) christy drove by your house the other day and michael said it was ryan's house, hahaha! i called christy after she left the kids and she started crying, it was so cute. ryan and i will be getting what sounds like a ton of stuff from tami's friends and we don't know where to put it?!?! i am so glad to hear that you got to see all my friends. i hope you guys are having an amazing time. lol, michael just went pee and it was such a big deal! he is so funny. ok well i love you all so much...see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Gift-O-God (Sam) hey! Putting the sermon and the bulletin together was very rewarding. I really enjoyed it. My parents were in the audience, it meant much to them as well. I give glory to God over the work you are doing. Miss you, love you. It's been raining here, flooding in New England. I have a copy of the lesson on DVD if you want to see it when you get back.

Sammi, I hope this experience is an even greater awakening for you. God has great plans for your life. You are strong willed and unafraid to open yourself up to make new friends, a rare trait. I am not surprised that you have taken charge of the little ones there, you have a big heart. God bless and take care.

Johnny "Tater Salad" Hunt, Waz uuuuuuup? We need to hear more about your work in mountains. I am glad you are getting a better appreciation of freedom and prosperity. America is worth defending; I am very proud that you will help protect her in the years to come. You are a good man, a little squirely, but still good. Let the light of Christ shine in all your deeds. Bless them as much as you've blessed us.

-Jason :)

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!
I miss you all very much and im praying for you guys every day.

Tonia,
remember how we were talking about getting wisdom teeth taken out. well i got them taken out on friday. it hurt really bad after all the anesthetic went away, but it was really cool, my teeth were really big. :) anyways.
I was talking to my boss the other day and i asked him if i could put on a power point presentation here in the office for all the realtors and loan officers so they can donate money to the mission trip. He said he would let me do it. I just need really good pictures, so im going to have to get with you about that. Carrie said she would help me with it. im really excited about it.:)
i have to get back to work love you all.
Steph Howell

Anonymous said...

*** NO NEED TO POST IF CINDY BONK CAN SEE *******
Hey Mom - I love you hope that you are well. I will write more later but I have a question, Mark came out and did a job for dad. It was spraying the Big R.V that we have.
All he ended up doing was a 15 minute general bug/ant/roach spray, They need me to cut a req this week and Mark would not tell me what to charge for dad so can you please e-mail that to Carries harding account so she can let me know and I can get it done by Friday. We had the awening fixed after the storm and the fixer guy said that there were carpenter ants in the hole but still put the screw back in so Mark did see an ant but could not spray in the holes obviously - so he just did the general interior and also the cubbie holes in the bus. Please let me know - Thank you. Again I will write more later, there is really no news on popaw yet, Love you all bunches!

Anonymous said...

HEY MY LITTLE LACKEE aka Brittany

I hope you're havin mucho fun [yeahhh spanish 2 baby!] and helping lots of people n bein all sweet.. and NOT getting attacked by crazy wild jungle animals! Anyways just wanted to say i MISS YOU.. and it's crazy to think that you're not even in the country.. even if we WOULD be thousands of miles apart at this point if you were in Florida.. ah whatever! Anyways have fun .. i'm sure you're making the best of! Talk to you when you get backkk!!

Anonymous said...

BRITBOO!!

I miss you SOOO much...I've had so much football camp, it's crazy! I can't wait to see your smile when you get back but i'm proud of you helping people and being the good girl you are. You owe me that dinner and a movie too! Call me sometime if you have a chance to fit little old me in... 407-973-4948

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Bonk Gang!
The kids are off to camp - They did great... Stephen came walking to Barton Pavillon with some kids from his cabin before we even left, Jimmy said that the counselor was really good with them. Savanna was good she was very nervous - but tried not to show it, they were all(the whole camp) playing a game in Barton when we left. Jimmy did good with it - I did pretty good... It was worse when I got home and they were not here. Michael is VERY confused between Jimmy and I last night I think that we said about 50 times that they were at camp! and then at bed time he cried for bubby - so Synthia has gotten stephen's bed for the week.....
The kids wrote you, I hope that you all saw it- they keep checking the blog to hear from you and I told Stephen and Savanna if you wrote them by Tues night that I would snail mail it to them. Carrie, Momaw and I put together a package for them and mailed it today! All is well in Lutz a little wet! Carla and her gang is having fun in Sanibel and should be home tomorrow. I have sent you the update on POpaw, please let me know that you got it... They say hello and send their love. We all miss you terribly....Carrie and I both hate it - it feels like there is Nobody here between all of you, carla and her group and the kids!
Well have fun continue to work hard. Give Dad and Catie a hug for me and Catie give mom a hug for me!
Big hugs and Kisses from Synthia and Michael
Love, Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I miss you guys & i know you know that, but ill tell you anyway =]I hope your having fun & not getting hurt (Heather)=]] I hope to hear from you soon! Hey Laura guess what!? Your birthdays in 3 dyas! Yay for 15!! Thats exiting cause then next year youll be 16 & youll have a car!!!! I cant wait =]] Im so exited your all coming home soon! I miss my friends. Well i guess ill talk to you guys laterr!
Hayden
=]

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany,
Thanks for the birthday call, even if I was not at home,,, Sorry to say some of the message was cut off by the answering machine! Thought that counts. Hope the weather is improving there, know you all want to make all of your goals.
We miss you and love you lots!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!!
Is good to hear you guys had a good sunday, I am sure the people in Honduras think of themselves as lucky for being able to hear your beautiful voices...I know that the singing at church was definetely different without you guys there... I miss Mr. Rick and his incredible voice that gives me chills when ever we sing the greatest commands...Is good to hear how much work is being done there and how much heart everyone puts into everything they do...

Tio, Angela, Heather, Heidi and Nicole: I miss you all so much and I am so proud of every single one of you...Is funny but everytime I come to church and I see your van it makes me feel so proud because It reminds me of how hard you guys are working there and how much you all look forward to this trip, to building houses, getting to visit all those kids you guys talk so much about and getting to see Jesus in everyone overthere...I love you all and I am looking forward to seeying you when you get back, continue to stay safe, work hard and know that you have someone here who loves you, misses you and someone who is praying for you...

Mo: Hey Mullet, I loved your email, thank you sooooo much I miss you a ton and I am looking forward to that big hug when you get back...Whats the funny news?...I love you...take care

Michael: I hope you had a good sunday and a good day today, I am sure you worked really hard. I hope you got to see all the kids you were looking forward to seeying...Mauricio tells me that you are being a good boy, thats good to know lol!! I miss you more than ever...Tomorrow is a really special day and I wanted to let you know that I will be thinking about u all day, you are in my mind and in my heart. I cant wait to celebrate when you get back lol!!! Take care of yourself my love, and I am still counting the days till you get back... I Love you

To everyone, I love you all and I hope you all continue to stay safe, remember that you have people here, who love you and who continue to pray for you everyday, you are definetely great role models for everyone at church...Stay safe

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Jonathon.

Just wanted to let you know we got a postcard from the Hollambys in Hawaii. It has two little fat Hawaiian people dancing the hula. He said they saw it and though of me and Dad! They sound like they are having a wonderful time.

We miss you!

Love,
The Fam and mutt

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Hope everythimg is going well! It sounds like you are having a blast!! Its pretty boring on the home front not much going on. SAT scores are in for all that are waiting on them... Hope the rest of the trip goes well, ill continue to read the updates. Have fun, i miss you guys...

Love,
David Beardsley
P.S. by the way guys i really need to come to church, it seems like forever since ive been. Hope to see you soon!