Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 5 Late Night

Our construction teams and clinic had a busy day at Union (always a special place to go). Union has the church building that the men from Northwest built a few years ago and some very special bonds have been formed with families there. We truly feel like we are seeing family we have not seen in a year, it is always a great reunion. Five houses were started and near completion, they are taking a bit longer this year, since we are now putting floors in the houses, they look so nice, and people are no longer living with dirt floors. The clinic saw 165 people, gave out a lot of medications and helped people that do not get to see a doctor at all.
Tonight was a night out to the mall, always a favorite activity.
This has been a truly amazing week, we are tired but very excited to be here. This is the most wonderful group of young people, they work hard, they have amazing attitudes and you can see Jesus living in them every day. Parents you have done an amazing job.
Thanks for all of your support and prayers.
Cindy

Note from Cindy Bonk
Hi Girls and spouses and Mom,Dad, Carla, Kenny and kids, I miss all of you so much!!!!We are having a great time. Carrie I have given your notes to Mama Carmen who said you were precious and Milton who said it was very beautiful, and Fernando´s family who said your were beautiful and wanted your address. Blanca is so big she looks grown up, Fernando has not changed as much. I took pictures for you. Have not gone to Jovenes yet. Carrie I need you to check your Harding email account I have left you some instructions for our business on there. Christy, I miss my little grand kids so much, please give them an extra big hug and kiss for me and when they hug and kiss you back that´s from me. I laughed when I read about Michael. Carrie how is Ryan´s new job going and are you excited about your upcoming job? Well it is 11:30 and it has been a long day and I have to type in other people´s comments. I love you all, Mom

Note from Connie Quarles
Greg and I made it safely, met up with the group just in time for a nice dinner. Just to let everyone know that your blog messages are going through, I know I did not think mine had and they did, so keep writing. Candice, Geoff enjoyed the note. both boys are doing well, look forward to starting work tomorrow. Brandon be safe. Love, Connie

THE FOLLOWING NOTE WAS NOT TYPED IN THE DAY IT WAS WRITTEN

Note from Dad & Ryan
Dear Jana, Lan, Chase, Cassie, Stephen & Church Family,
What a great experience! We made it safe and hit the ground running, started steps and houses in some village, can´t remember the name. Thursday, tomorrow is Union, will help build ten houses there and fence around the church. All are healthy.
Robin & Cathy - Chris says "Hi and he loves you" Me and Ryan are working hard and playing hard. Lots of futbol with the Honduran kids.
Will love you and will write more on Friday.
Love Dad & Ryan

Note from Andy (Note to all - most of Andy´s writing is fictional and only true in Andy´s world, it´s a Hadley thing)
To the West Orange Church,
Wat up Bris!!! This is Andy just writing to give everyone a report on how things are going. To the Pruitts, Christopher is fine, I am keeping him in line and not letting him do anything stupid. Today we went to the hospital and for most of us, it was very emotional. We gathered with some of the children and sang to them, prayed with them and read the Bible with them. We had two baptisms already. NACHO when we got to the airport Mari Catherine Hagan was caught trying to smuggle a hammer on the plane in her carry on bag and her excuse was "I wasn´t going to use it". Ian was left on the mountain but was later recovered adn was brought back. That night his roommates foudn him asleep on his matress outside the door of their room and still no one knows why. We have done a clinic that was very successful, we have built 8 houses, we ran from a stamped of bulls that escaped from Spain. Cary fell from a mountain and was hanging from a tree and was later rescued by Jonathan Taylor. Becca Clifton and Laren Bucher almost chained sawed there legs off. We have defeated the Hondrans 4-1 in Futbol. Cory is still the human dictionary, but other than that we are fine. Hola Julio.
Bye for now, Andy Hadley

Note from Caitlin
Hola Mis Padres y Mi Hermana!
I´m having a wonderful time. I´ve been keeping very busy. The first day I went wiht th enew medical team. I mostly played with the kids, but I helped bag vitamins too. I did medical again the next day and that time I helped gather medicines for the people. I sorted food and clothes on Thursday and today I went to the hospital. I miss you all so much and can´t wait to see you. I love you Caitlin
To Caitlin´s parents, I have had the pleasure of working with your daughter for 3 days and she is an amazing young woman, you should be very proud of her. Cindy Bonk

Note from Sammy Conley,
Hey family, everything is good, I haven´t fallen off any mountains or anything yet. HeHe I am having a lot of fun, but working real hard. I got your comments, keep them coming, let me know what everyone´s doing. I love and miss you guys. Give Keagan a big hug and kiss for me! XOXO Sammi Conley

Message from Sam Conley
To Caleb
Had a great day. Yesterday I worked and we built someone a house from start to finish, our group. There are five groups so five houses were built, there was no medical clinic yesterday. The doctors asked me to go with them again, so I was with the medical team today. We saw about 165 patients in about 5 1/2 hours, met a lot of people. Tell you later. Tell Laverne not worry about voice mail, most people know I am gone. About all he will hear is faz beeps and teleamarketers. When I get a private internet connection, I will send instructions on how to send a voice mail to your email address. Send an email to mine. When I check it I will respond. Give everyone my love, Dad

Note from Karen
Hi Mom, I am having a wonderful time and I hope everyone at home is o.k. It is good to ehear your voice. I have not been sick yet. I have fallen off the mountain LOL. Give everyone my regards back home and please tell Nick I said Hi and that Ashley Keyso misses him (not in that way). All the people here from our group are doing good. Ms. Paulette is a very hard worker. Well I´ve got to go and I love you, tell Dad I love him and miss him.
Karen

Note from Angela
Hi Olivia,
TT misses you very much!!! I look at your picture everyday. We are doing wonderful work. I see a lot of babies on the mountain. God has truly blessed us all. Tell mom and dad I miss them a lot. Love you lots, can´t wait to see that beautiful smile.
P.S. Thank you Alice.

Note from Tonia Boyer
Keith did an awesome jub with the devo tonight, he ened by asking what we were thankful for and the kids and adults both shared some very emotional thoughts.
Again, to the parent´s who don´t get to witness this side of their children, you would be so proud. West Orange, Haines City, Winter Haven and Northwest!

No one can believe it is Friday- well now it is Saturday, but the week has flown by.
We are all looking forward to another adventure tomorrow.

Mr. George and Maryann- I love you both and have been thinking so much about you. Mr. George i hope everything is going well for you. I forgot to tell Shirley about your advanced copy of the bulletin you may have to read it with everyone else!


Shirley- thank you for filling in for me, I am sure the guys are treating you well.
Only one week more!!

Susan, Zachary, Michaela, Sean and Robert- your dad is doing such an incredible job here, we hate to send him home early, but i know he is missing you all like crazy.
He also shared some wonderful thoughts at tonight´s devo.

Melody- Gary behaved himself today- no blood dripping from anywhere.

Gina- I love and miss you all, please give a special hug and kiss to Conner and Jillian. Tell Conner we thank him for his prayers.

Faye- you need to come next time with John, I think he thinks he is 20! Works so hard!

Lewis and Rama- I miss you both! Rama we need to plan a lunch date soon after i get home- a long one!

Jan- you probably won´t get this until Bob gets home but just to let you know, we are so thankful that he is here! Thank you for sharing him with us. Has Zayden made his entrance yet¿ Tell Ciara that Miss Tami took a beautiful picture of popa and CJ especially for her. Tell Bryanna, Alyssa, Ciara, and CAde not to worry, Miss Tami helped pick out their presents. Love and miss you.

Tracey and Vera- You would be so proud of these kids- can´t wait to share the experience with you.

Julie- Wayne is doing an awesome job- helping so many people on the mountain, it is hard to make him leave at the end of the day.

Trang´- Tinh has been such a great help, he is enjoying the building and bonding with the kids.

Mom- thanks for keeping up with us! Can´t wait to share some stories and pictures with you and the rest of the family. Hope everything is going well- tell Dad, Jamie, Allie and Renetta and of course all of their spouses, children, dogs, etc. that me and Tami miss them and love them- you too!! We are having such amazing experiences everyday- all the kids, not just ours are truly a blessing to be with. The adults are too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, Dad, Geoff, and Lane,

Nee-how. (That's Chinese for hello). Just thought I would say hey from China. Exciting stuff going on here just as I am sure it is there as well. Geoff- I did the world's highest bungy jump this weekend in Macau-- 300 meters! It was awesome! I am studying very hard, too, of course ;) Hope you all are having a great trip. It is great to use this webiste to keep up with everyone. I miss you all and wish I was there. Hope the translation is going well without me. See everyone in August.

Brandon

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jonathon.

It was great to hear from you last night. I just knew in my heart you were working on those stairs! We loved the note from Andy. I laughed to hard, especially about you rescuing Cary from his fall from the mountain and subsequent hanging from a tree. Aaron says he's sorry he wasn't more coherent, but I woke him up out of a sound sleep to talk to you. We were a little worried as Dad and I thought you sounded a little homesick. I hope all is well and don't worry son. Do all you can for the glory of God while you are there. Before you know it you will be back to 'being bored' here at home. Stay safe, avoid gangsters, and remember always how much we love you and how proud we are of you.

God Bless you, Son.
Love, Mom, Dad, Aaron and Sniffy the Pirate Dog

Anonymous said...

Mari Catherine,

We are glad you are having a good time! Are you getting to eat what you like? Are you trying new food? We are glad you are there with your friends.

We miss you! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Oh, be sure to not smuggle any more hammers on the airplane. Otherwise, Pappa and I will have to come and get you out!

Love,

Mamma and Pappa

Anonymous said...

HELLO OUT THERE! Has anyone seen a beautiful 16 year old better know as Brittboo? Her family is waiting anxiously to hear from her<:
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Hope you had fun last night. Your Mom was so excited she got to hear from u and I was too... It is hot and suppose to rain today. We are going to the mall and then look at a place Nathan is going to buy. Wanda, Pat, Mike and Papa said they were proud of you and couldn't wait to hear from you also. Kelly will be here Monday. I love you and please take care of yourself. I sound like your grandmother. ha Nan and Grampsy.....

Anonymous said...

Johnny,
How is everything? I miss you soo much... I can't wait til you get back, I've not got a lot of sleep since youve been gone, i'm used to talking to you all the time...lol... Well i guess I'll talk to you later... I Love You Lots!!!
<3 Tiff

Anonymous said...

hey mom, i got your email. i will do that on monday. i miss you all so much. i am so jealous, i want to be there SO bad. ryan likes his new job. he works with old people after they have surgery. he gets to speak a lot of spanish so he really likes that. i am excited about my new job. the babie and i had fondue for lunch the other day. they had fun and it was so good. i am ready for you all to come home. i don't like being here when you all are not, and i have to stay with this wierd, bald guy eeeww. well you guys have so much fun. enjoy yourselves. that time goes bye so fast and you are at home before you know it. i love you all so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I had to laugh at your message. Be careful you might give something away about what your doing! Dad and I went to see cars last night. It was so funny!Heather I hope you are doing alright! I'm assuming that you are still on the building crew! You will both have muscles the size of melons. (-: Anyway, keep up the great work! We will miss you at Church tomorrow! God Bless! Love Mum.

Anonymous said...

Heya!
I cant beleive youve been gone for 6 days, thats alomost a wohole week! Thats sad =[ i miss you guys too too too much! Well at least theres only one more week, im sure you all arnt happy about that, but I am!! Laura did you get my emails!? Ok,you guys are probly like shut up Hayden we know you miss us. So ill talk to you guys later!!
Hayden
=]]

Anonymous said...

heyyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!
i miss you all sooooooo much man!!
i just wanted to let you all know that you are missed a lot and that i hope you have the best time!! I MISS YOU LAURAAAA!! haha!! well can't wait till ya'll get home to tell me all the stories and sjhow me pictures
<3333
kate

Anonymous said...

Laura-
Youll never guess what we found in the Guest Bathroom!? Hmmm....your Bible! Haha your such a dork =]]& thats why i love you!!
Talk to you soon,
Hayden
=]]

Anonymous said...

Hello again, Jonathon.

Dad and I went shopping today which was a real hoot. He bought more clothes than I did and really got into the sales at Eddie Bauer!! He can't wait to wear one of his new shirts tonight. I think I've created a monster. Go figure. Mandy at Red Lobster was freaking out when I shared some of your adventures. She's saving an extra big hug and an extra big lobster pizza for you when you return. We are leaving in a few minutes to go pick up Mamaw. It will be good to have her home. We love you son. I hope today had less drama and things went well at the hospital.

Love bunches, Mom

Anonymous said...

Haha, ok even if though this is the 3rd time ive blogged you guys TODAYY, i was just letting you all know that i went to dinner with my parents tonight at this place called Snookers & i had a 9ounce filet & then we got ice cream at some place called Muzzies & then we took a walk in Howard Park=]] hope your having a great time!
Hayden
;)
I love you guys

Anonymous said...

Mimi & Poppy -
I miss you, and can't wait to see you when you come back. I am leaving for camp tomorrow and I am sooooo excited!!!! I will tell you all about it when you come back. you can share all your stories with me to. I love you -

Catie -
I miss you to.. Thank you for letting me burn your cd's but it is not the same listening to them without you screaming them in my ear :) J/k LOL!!! Fiddler rehersals are starting this week, of course I will be at camp but they said that was ok and I will start the next week, I am excited about that but more excited about going to camp tomorrow, I think that it is cool that you, carrie and Mom have been there. Miss you lots and love you -

Ashley & Alyssa - Miss you all so much!Hope that you are having fun while working hard at the same timem I can't wait to get to go - only 3 more years! I am leaving for camp tomorrow, I will tell you all about it when you get back :)
LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!

I send my Hello's and LOVE To everyone :) SAVANNA aka SUPERSTAR!

Anonymous said...

Michael is jealous so here is his message to mimi and poppy

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggvvvbnfcjkl.dcfjn fffhhnnjjnjlrtkdvjhofp0fc/fcjnjmnm

I think somewhere in there is I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU - BIG HUGS AND KISSES

Your (youngest) baby - Michael

Anonymous said...

Mimi, Poppy and Catie - I miss you and can't wait for you to come back. I wish that you could see my new pets but you will have to wait till you come home - they are beautiful (hint.. Catie they might EAT your birds :) ha ha ... Jr has a new home, It is so quiet without him here. I am leaving for camp tomorrow and will send you letter but you will get it at your house when you get home. Love you Big Hugs and Kisses from Stephen

To all my big friends - HI !

Anonymous said...

Mimi Poppy Catie, I really miss you... I want to see you the first day that you come back. I went to soccer meeting today and I can't wait to start but it is not until OCtober. I want to get a soccer bag that holds the ball in frnt of it, they are sooooo cool. Hope you come home soon, you can see my new pet. Big Hugs and Kisses to all of you. I really miss you. Love Synthia

Anonymous said...

connie, greg, geoff and lane....I check the blog several times a day..I am in awe of all you are achieving in such a short time...It was such a shock to hear your voice, Lane..But wonderful. Thanks for letting us know you were doing well.. Hope you are working hard and making Aunt Connie proud..
We love and miss you all. Looking so forward to your time in Okla. Connie..And thanks Greg, for making it all happen...Keep the news coming..
And Brandon Quarles, did I read that right ... bungy jumping? eek In China???
That is not good for Grandmothers hearts... lol.. Love all you guys... See you soon... gma Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Well we survived one week without our girl, but the Good Lord is so awesome and we have so much to be thankful for. Today is the Lord's Day and Grampsy and I went to church and he is with Nathan now looking at a house for him. Laura don't forget to make a picture with you and some of your friends so we can send back home. Love, Hugs and Kisses....... Nan and Grampsy....Say your prayers and have a wonderful night....

Anonymous said...

Natalie and Zachary,
Sounds like you're having a good and productive time. I don't know how to send a bregular blog, so I have to click on anonymous. Church was good today. We prayed for you guys several times during the service. I dropped off Alexis at camp today. I think Julio is missing you Natalie. Hope you two are being very careful. We miss and love you!
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

hey natalie!
this is julio. i just wanted to let you know that im so proud of you and happy that you get to go on a mission trip like this. i hope you're having a good time and i wish the best for you baby. i love you!! and miss you like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christopher,

We sure miss you around here. Matthew is home. He got home at 4:30 Monday morning. About 4 in the afternoon he asked where is christopher, at work? I said ah no Honduras. So he is ready for you to get back. He will be here until the 5th. We will go to the beach as soon as you get home so the whole family will have 2 days there together.

Love and miss you,
Mom, Dad, Matthew and Michael