Thursday, June 26, 2008

To Beverly and Tom,

Just wanted to share with you what great children you have. Had a moment to talk with Heather yesterday (she actually came to my room to use her hair dryer which she so graciously loaned Katrina and I since both of us sacrificed to make the luggage weight limit). I am so impressed with her sweet, loving and mature attitude. She is a lovely person on the inside and out. Of course, you know how I feel about Chris (my other son). He makes me laugh (we had a good time working together on a roof 2 days ago)His agility on stepping from board to board is monkey-like! Two lovely young people that you can be so proud of! Have a great day and can´t wait to see you.
suzanne

Cindi,

I shared with Eddie the first week how much I enjoyed working with Rob the first couple of days. His kindness, thoughtfulness and compassionate nature are remarkable in a young man of his age. He is great with the younger kids and us young at heart kids as well.
suzanne

Susan,
Brittany and I have actually been able to work several times together on some work crews. She has really impressed me and I have seen her grow and mature right before my eyes as the days go by. She never hesitates to step right up when needed to carry a board, use the heavy pick, provide a nail, hammer in a board and last but not least, be the official sweeper of the inside of the house when we are finished! I´m so proud of her and know you would be too!
suzanne

Lori,
Austin is doing great and has fit right in with the work here in Honduras. He seems to be having a great time and works so very hard to help out in whatever needs to be done. He will have lots of stories to share! I´m so glad he came on this trip!
suzanne

2 comments:

Lori said...

Suzanne,
Thanks so much for all your great communication, and to you and all the others who are there for our kids. I told everyone at work I would be a "nervous Nellie" for two weeks - but I really haven't been. I know that all of you have your loving arms around our children, and God's loving arms around all of you. It's such a privilege to call all of you "family". Lori

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, Thankyou so much for all your kind words about Heather and Chris. We are truly blessed to have them both! It does our hearts proud when people tell us when they are away from us they are doing what they need to be doing. You yourself have been an example to Chris especially, you have been so good to him. He loves coming over on Friday night's and I always hear about the cookies you made for them. We feel the same way about Adam and Alex. Thankyou for all the wonderful updates about the mission.
Love, Beverley.