Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Matt and Jillian,

Yesterday was another day of blessings here. I went to Monoloha which is a church and center that feeds children lunch daily. It was incredible to see precious children there. I got to work in the kitchen and help put the bowls of food together and then wash dishes. I have to tell you those were the best dishes I ever washed knowing that they came from feeding children who may only have that one meal for the day. The women in the kitchen were kind and loving and I am so impressed with the work that is being done there. I then went to play with the children that didn´t make it in the VBS. We had a great time laughing and playing. They gave their hugs, love and laughter to me freely which I was grateful to absorb. In the picture below they are teaching me a new game. I can´t wait to get home to teach it to Jillian and the other children. It is alot of fun and we played over and over.
God has supplied me with abundant blessings on this trip and has touched ares of my life in new ways. I know that coming here He has supplied me with far greater blessings than I am able to return. His power and love overwhelm me.

Jillian, my heart smiles when I hear that you are having fun. I just can´t tell you what an experience this is and I am looking forward to teaching you many of the things that God has taught me here.

Matt, I have so much to share with you about the people here, our servants from Northwest, and the work. All of it encompasses such love for our Father. Can you see His light shining all the way from here?

I love and miss you both so much and really miss your hugs and kisses. I hope you have alot stored up for me!!
Sending all of mine your way,
Gina aka Mommy


Cindy,
Thanks for everything, I am so glad that you all are having fun. Your daughter lead a girls devo last night and did such a great job. I wish you were here to hear it. Rob continues to work hard and be his wonderful AH! self. Be proud and know they love the Lord deeply.

Beverely,
Your son lead the morning devo yesterday. While I wasn´t able to hear it those who told me about it were very moved. Your children are doing much hard work here. Heather is a wrok horse like Chris and they are both pouring themselves out for Him.

Sherri´
Laura is doing great! She had sch a fun day yesterday seeing children she knew. I can tell that she loves the work here and enjoys serving. Be proud!

All the parents
Smile and know that the work here continues by the loving acts of your children. All of their beautiful aspects shine so brightly here. They are such an encouragement and I am amazed to watch them. May we continue to pray for our children to follow the path of Christ as they grow.

Love,
Gina

3 comments:

gottagetbetter05 said...

Gina: I am so happy to hear you are doing such great work there for the children, what an experience you must be having. We all tried to post on Monday but I forgot my password LOL, but I think I have it now. God Bless you and keep you safe. I love reading all your posts, you are a blessing.
Love you Robin.

Dear Gina,
I hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and keep you safe. Be sure to hug all the children for me.
Love to you and your mother,
Sherry

Bettye Evans said...

Kate,
Dad and I have been overwhelmed with everthing that the "group" has done this trip. I thought that last year was alot but it seems ya'll keep doing more and more. The reports that Ms. Suzanne has written tells about all the people that have been housed because of you and the children that have been loved on and educated in the Bible by you (meaning you missionaries). I can't believe how much that has been done while you've been there. We are very proud of your own work with this group and how much you learn and give back. We love you bunches. Mom xoxo

Matthew Betz said...

Moots (Gina B.) - Your Baby is sleeping right now but talked about you alot tonight. I took her to Shanes for dinner and she told the Jillian that works there that her mommy was in Honduras. At three years old the girl is talking with "pride" about her mother; pretty cool! Work has been very busy especially with the Boot Camp training this week, but a very awesome training session; more on that later. We will be at M&Ms for dinner Saturday night with your parents, otherwise the normal routine and missing you. I called Mark Cain tonight and we had a good talk. He is doing well, but ready for Katrina and Mason to get home.
Continue to enjoy every moment, remember how much we love you, and YES there will be plenty of hugs and kisses when you get home.
-Matthew