Friday, June 22, 2007

more messages thurs night

From Beca C.

We had two great days of construction, getting over 8 houses completed. Nothing else in the world can compare to the joy people show as their new house is being built. Along with the joy of the kids as we host VBS for them, which was very successful today. All in all the trip is going well with no major problems. Keep us in your prayers, and pray that everything continues to go problem free.

Beca C.


From Caitlin S.
Hello Everybody!
Well, now I actually have something to write about. I have done two days of construction and surprisingly, I really liked it! I helped nail the walls and floors on a house yesterday and I hit my thumb with my hammer! I'm okay though.:)Today I did VBS at Union and it was so great! I got to seee three girls I met my first year in Honduras! Overall, I'm having a great time. However, I miss your all a lot. I love you and I'll see you soon!
Caitlin S.

From Tami

Just wanted to let everyone know that the plan is to go to the mall tomorrow night. The kids usually try to call home from the internet cafe. It would probably be between 8 and 10 your time. Don't be disappointed if you don't hear from them, they all miss everyone but they are working extremely hard and also bonding with each other. We have 4 youth groups here and they all get along so well. It's so great to see them work so hard all day and then unwind at the end of the night. They tend to get a little goofy! I wish you all had the opportunity to be here with your amazing children. You would be so proud of all of them, also the adults on this trip have been so supportive of everything Keith and Cary are trying to accomplish. Thank you all for all your comments. We are trying to make sure everyone sees them but our priority here is our mission work. Tonia is trying to get more pictures up but please be patient, she can't be everywhere all the time. I'm sure she will post more tonight. She is the last one to bed everynight!

Alyson thanks for all your wonderful comments! Tell your mom and sister we said hello, and YES I did have to do my famous cartwheel. I got a little applause for it too. Don't forget to keep your phone on tomorrow night! We miss you, let vince and janessa know CJ brought 'catch phrase' with him and he is really good at it now. Tell everyone in Wesley Chapel we miss them and will be home soon.

charles, it was so nice to talk to you this morning, I know we caught you by surprise but Bob had some questions about this lady's house we built and I knew you would have the answers! I miss you lots, make sure you sit with Jamie and my mom at church this Sunday. They are very lonely right now because their favorite family members are in Honduras ! I love you.
Tami

From Suzanne,
Keith and Tonia picked me up from the airport after I made it through customs with no hiccups. What a welcome sight it was to see their faces. My luggage did make it also on another flight from Tampa along with the 50lbs of vitamins. Beverly and Tom, you can use a cart through customs, so it won't be too bad hauling your bags of vitamins when you come on Saturday. It's just a short walk from customs and I was able to balance the bag on my luggage. After dinner, we boarded our buses to go on a grocery store run and then back to the hotel for the nightly devo. It's almost 11:00 p.m. which means 1:00a.m. Tampa time. Tomorrow promises to be a long day with lots of activites to choose from. There will be a construction crew for a house, another crew to put in some flooring in existing homes, yet another crew to dig footers for a daycare center, a group of 4 to go serve lunch to about 150 children and a second day of VBS. Looks to be an active and promising day for whatever activity you choose. I'll try to update more tomorrow. Love to you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING TONIA THIS IS SHERRI. Bill and I are going out of town today and I was hoping you received this message before the kids went to the mall and made their calls if you could have Laura call this number if she gets a chance--727-865-3966

Thank you so much
sherri turner

Anonymous said...

Beca,


Sounds like you are doing a lot! Im really proud of you. You arent missing much back here, just getting ready for the wedding tomorrow. Got lots of stuff to do for that but thats about it. I miss you tons. I wont be home till sunday so I will talk to you then.


love
KK

Anonymous said...

aw. Mrs. Tami your so funny! I miss you guys like crazy! And i cant wait for you to come back and show me pictures!! :) I hope all is going well. And ill keep my phone on..?? C: I think one of these days im going to give charles a call and see how hes holding up. ill let you know what he says.

Clayton- i hope you are doing good!! And i miss you alot. i told janessa and vince that you took that game and whatnot but they didnt say anything back. I had to stay up all night with Shelby last night because she had a doctors appt. today to see if she has touretts and she does. so now shes on skylars medication. but they are doing good and ask about you all the time!


I miss you guys like crazy. But i hope all is going well and everyone is having tons of fun!!

love alyson.

Anonymous said...

To Caitlin Sober,
Que' tal? Esperamos que estas divertiendote en Honduras! Okay, back to English. We miss you. We're sitting at Sonic wishing you were here. We know it's hard picturing the cheeseburgers we're eating and knowing you can't have one right now, but who needs cheeseburgers when you have the delicious crackers and cheese or tuna you eat everyday at Union, right? Here's what's going on with us. Kristen is still searching for a job, and she plans on going to the beach this weekend with Kara and Kenna. Daddy has put plenty of miles on "Blueberry" this week. The Van should be fixed by this afternoon. We saw a picture of you on the Blog. Daddy says, "Nice shades!" Mommy's week is pretty normal. She wishes you were here to help run errands, etc. Mommy says, "I love you and miss you. Have fun and work hard." You are always in our prayers. Keep serving God. Kristen wants you to give those kids a big hug for her.
We love you, "Dearest Momsie & Popsicle", and Kristen

Anonymous said...

beca sounds like you are keeping busy.miss you love 'ou.and i am glad you have leareed how to wash dishes.