Friday, June 22, 2007

from Gabriel to All.

I am so sorry that I have not written to anyone yet, but I must confess I have been incredibly tired. From day one it has been one constant task after another, we have stayed very focused and the team is blending in incredibly well.

Today, it appears that we finally have some extra time, even after we went to the store to buy a few groceries for the rest of the week, so since time appears to be my ally today, I will take advantage of its charitable nature.

To begin with I want to send my most sincere love and admiration to my kidos (Irene and Gabriel) thank you for staying in contact letting us know that you are thinking about us.

Gabriel the only time I seem to lose focus while working is when I think of you and wonder how much you would enjoy being here. You have a very hard working and servant heart and Honduras would just fit you like a glove. I see the way you enjoy being so involved and helping everyone and trust me! there is nothing else to do here but hard work, in so many faces.

From the moment we wake up and sort the tools for the day to the very end of it, one can not help but to be exhausted from helping people..but mind you, it is a great feeling of exhaustion, for you cannot help but to feel good about all that you have accomplished.
Honduras, or at least, its cause, seems to bring a beautiful and spiritual aura into the hearts of so many.

Jesus tells us that we are to overcome our physical needs by the power of the spirit that lives within us and nowhere can it become more clearer for me, than when I am in that mountain giving everything my 200lb body can give and then so much more.

They say love can move a mountain and they were not kidding, but we are not moving mountains we are making them a very place to be and a way to bring up to the highest and remotest of the land the name of Jesus Christ.

When Abraham left from Ur into the land God will promise Him, in his path he built altars of rock to glorify Him; in here, wherever we walk the land we live just the same. Every house we build is an offering to God, every memory we live behind the smiles of his children is an offering to God, everything we touch is a testimony that Jesus has walked the land and has not forgotten the people of the mountain, just like when he gave His sermons.

Every bottle of water or soda we share with these people brings a sentiment of sitting on that rock with the King of Kings, enjoying a cool refreshing drink and I can’t think, at this moment, of a better way to describe what goes on here.

Honduras, or its cause, is a land where beautiful images such as these, continually come to mind.
I miss you all, but as a congregation, having done so much to help us get here, I know that you are here with us and so please feel free to share the memories of this trip, as if they were your own.

His servant.
GGG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gabe-You are such an awesome soul! You remind us with gentleness and laughter of what the Lord wants us to do-thru your words I find strength and comfort knowing my daughter is with such awesome Christian people. Your light shines, and is touching more than you can imagine. I love ya'll. Angela, many huges and kisses to you,thank you for sharing your husband with all of us. Keep up the HARD work and the encouraging words. jan