Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 3 Wednesday

Today was another great day on the mountain, finishing the 3 houses that were not completed yesterday, i know i said 4 but bob and casey did get theirs done. Today we also completed 2 more, with 2 others just about done. The people are so gracious and loving towards us and get a very special treat when Gabriel or Mauricio translates a prayer with the owners and the workers all together in the house. It is so moving and truly brings tears to our eyes. The teamwork amongst all our kids and adults has been so wonderful to be a part of. <(please excuse any proununciation mark mistakes as the keyboard here is different and i am tired!!!:) I think we are getting all of your messages, they just don{t get posted until we open them up and accept them. I am writing now waiting for my turn in the bathroom. (suzanne we are trying to save a nice little space for you-your roomies can{t wait to see you-alex too!
All the kids miss their families-most are just too tired to write in my blog book. And they are all working very hard. not sure what tomorrow brings- dinner in an hour and then another devotional on the roof. Beautiful last night... even though we were all exhausted.

Personal note from Tonia- hope everyone in the family is doing well- Tami and i miss you all. probably keith, david, casey,cj, ashley, and alyssa do too!!!WE are hot and sweaty but having a great time. love to you all....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my 2nd attempt at trying to send something... Not sure if I am doing this right...

To PJ: I am overjoyed that you are there and that you are using your talents for Him... We love you and miss you, but can't wait to see and hear Honduras thru you...

To Tonya, Cindy and others: Thanks for keeping me updated on PJ. It means alot...

Anonymous said...

love you laura

colleen said...

To West Orange from Chelsea: 1 Tim. 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

Hugs to Devin, love Mom.

Anonymous said...

Laura, Hope you had a great day. How is the weather there. Just got back from the mall and DB and I got new eye glasses. Bought you a shirt as well. Are you taking your allergy medicine at night? Lindsey and Josh wanted the blog so I gave it to them tonight. They said they miss you and Kate. It is 9:30pm here and I am going to bed. Been working alot so I can take off some days when you get back. Love and miss you dearly. Love and Kisses
Love Mom,Db,Boggie and Patches

Anonymous said...

Aunt Renee says: Hi PJ. I am so proud of you and the work that you are doing for others. You are a wonderful example of what a young man should be. Your experiences on this trip will be life changing. Can't wait to hear about all of them. Luv ya

Anonymous said...

Laura, Kate, and Hayden
So I feel like everyone is in Honduras except me. Ok, I know thats not true but it sure is quiet back here in Tampa with out you guys. Especially you Laura! I hope you guys are having fun because i already miss you.
Love ya!
Lindsey

Beverley Stewart said...

Tonia,
I love you! Thankyou so much for the pictures, they are great! It's wonderful to hear and see all the great work that you are all doing! It brings tears to my eyes to see all our kids working like they are. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful bunch of kids! Tom and I are looking forward to joining you all on Saturday! It was very quite at Church tonight, we missed you all! I gave Irene and Gabe big hugs tonight. Love to my adorable children Heather and Chris. Love to everyone else too.
God Bless!
Love, Mum (Miss B)

Ashley Miller said...

Johnny Hunt...

I Miss you so much babe..i cant wait till you come home..Mom says she misses you 2..Melissa is getting induce on monday..so when you come home you will have a new little niece..I talk to chippy tonight and he said he misses you..I also talk to ur mom.&& she is sick she has the stomach virus..Also i have sum bad news..ur sista is not going to north carolina with us..so ur mom is going to have to ride in the car with us.. Ohh yah carolin is staying a few extra days here.. whoopie for me..not she is driving me crazy!! It feels so weird with out you here.. Im lost wit out you..I hope you are having a great time.. Well im going to go..I miss you so much baby.. I Love you with all my heart..
---Ashley..Ur Wifey!!

Anonymous said...

Beca,
I miss you! I hope you are having a great time!! kyle says hey! His computer is temp. not working but he misses you tons! momma J says hey too! Im keeping you and everyone else in my prayers! So be safe and I will talk to you later!

love you

-KK

Anonymous said...

Good morning sweet baby girl! I miss you, this not talking is for the birds. I sent a message yesterday but it didn't go any where! Love the pictures, the scenery, views are awesome-looks like your working hard too. DAddy and I are so proud of you. I'm in alabama, granny is doing good, Shelby and the kids were crazy about the puppy, she won't let them keep but one. Leaving to go to mamas to start working-Lots of love and kisses....mom & dad