Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 9? Tuesday

It is crazy that i cannot remember yesterday, but i will give it my best. Paulette and I stayed behind at Baxter today to try and help with the piles of dirty laundry from our hard working group. Baxter has a computer that is available for a few moments so here goes.
Got started on Monday with a morning devotional, then on the buses to Union and the hospital. I think the clinic saw 90 new patients and a few repeats. Such a great crew working there. Another group went and visited the hospital. Keith and i picked up birthday cake for the annual celebration for anyone having a birthday during the trip- just Laura Beth from Northwest this time, and picked up the soccer jerseys for the mission team this year. They will get them tonight. Keith and i headed to the mountain to help distribute the food and clothing. This was done in the pouring rain, everyone did great, having guards with us kept everything nice and calm. Lori Hadley took a group yesterday and today for VBS, they are bringing such joy to the kids they are with. I am thinking that i already wrote this, so disregard if i updated last night. oops!!!!!
Greg Quarles crew literally built their house on rock, very interesting work sites we have had. They kept working through the rain up until the moment they were picked up. I wish i could give you lots of stories about your kids- but i can't remember.
I hate to repeat myself but this is a great group! God has blessed us all so much.



Notes from Tonia
David Beardsley!!!! What a nice surprise to hear from you, i know i speak for everyone at Northwest when i say, "wish you were here!!!" We hope to see you at church really soon. You are missed so much.

Mom- of course i will be able to take a few pics of Alexa's party. I am having to ration my two memory cards! But should be able to clear them as soon as we get home.
Can't seem to find a place that can handle such advanced technology. lol I'm sure it is quiet there without us- did mark get his car fixed. David will need his back on Monday. We will work that out. Amazing is not really a strong enough word to describe these kids and adults and everything we are doing, but it's the only one i can think of! Love and miss you- hi to everyone!!

Stephanie H- hope you are feeling better by now. We miss you!!!

To all the kids who i adore!!!! you know who you are- I really miss my hugs, kisses and smiles. Can't wait to see you all.

Haines City
Note from Johnny Hunt
LaVerne, Hey! Thanks for the congrats. i am having the time of my life here in Honduras! It feels very good to be serving the Lord and sharing his words all around the world! Can't wait to see all of you from church! Would you do me a favor and make it possible for me to do the devotional the Wednesday i get back to share some of the work that we did here? Please tell my mom i love and miss her!!!!!

Note from Cindy
Hi Girls,
I love you and miss you. We are still working hard and having fun with all the kids and each other. Thanks for keeping me updated on things. Give my love to everyone.
Love, Mom

Dear Northwest Family,
Thank you so much for supporting us through your prayers, encouragement, notes and financial support. Everyone should be super proud of our youth group, they are a great group of kids.
Love, Cindy Bonk

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Chris,
I am happy to hear that everyone is well and doing good! I am really starting to miss you now! Getting a taste of what it's going to be like when you are both in College. Anyway, keep up the great work! Try to call me next time if you get an opportunity. Heather, Jen is back home. I gave her Mom the blog address. She said she will pay you for the dog sitting when you get back. God Bless you all.
Love Mum (Beverley)

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!!
I hope you are all still having a great trip and I miss you all a bunch, can't wait till you get back. I am so proud of you for being such a great example of God's work...Continue to work hard and stay safe...I love all of you guys and I cant wait to see you soon...

Heather My love: thanks for the message, it kind of scares me to think of you working with a chainsaw but you are really smart and talented and I am sure you learned fast...I miss you sis I cant wait till my partner in crime gets back, take care of yourself, love you.

Michael: Hola mi amor!!! I miss you a lot too!!! Happy special day :) If you know what I mean :). I have been thinking about you all day, I wish you were here with me, is harder to be apart from you today but I am glad you are coming home soon, thanks for the comment I loved hearing from you...I am so very proud of you for everything that you are doing, keep up the hard work!!! I am glad you are still doing construction, I know how much you like it, just make sure you are careful, I want you to come back without a scratch on you.
I love you more than ever and I am thinking about you like crazy.
Te amo con todo mi corazon!!!

Everyone remember my prayers are always with you, continue to stay safe...I love you all...

Anonymous said...

Everyone,
I guess you heard I made it back fine. Keith, FYI, it takes 8 minutes by taxi to get to the airport if you don't stop for the stop signs (which he did not!)

It was great to see my wife and kids but after being back to work for two days I can tell you that not an hour goes by that I don't think about you all and wish I could be there to help.

The first day back I couldn't really talk about it. I'm still so amazed at the needs of the people and the tremendous efforts and compassion that the teens and adults were displaying.

I can't wait to tell as many parents and wives as I can Wednesday night how proud they should be of their kids and spouses.

You will continue to be in my whole family's thoughts and prayers until you return.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jonathon!

What a wonderful surprise to hear from you again last night. It just made my day. I was getting to that point of being just a little freaked out by you being gone so long with no contact. It wonderful to hear your reassurances that all is well and I'm so glad you were back to building. I know that is your true calling there. Roland was thrilled to hear that all is well, as was Mamaw, Uncle Fred and Aunt Peg, and the whole gang here. We miss you and pray God blesses this last couple of days of work for you. Have a WONDERFUL time at the resort.

Love,
Mom, Dad, Aaron and the vicious beast

Anonymous said...

Britboo,
I guess you and the group will be heading for your retreat soon. You certainly deserve it !!! Tell Cary I am making plans for the 4th and want his family to come. Everyone said hello and will be here on the 4th. Finish STRONG!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Mr Keith-
You got me good. When you told me Laura didnt follow the rules & had to go home i didnt know what to think & i didnt even wanna bother asking =] Haha your goood. DONT DO IT AGAIN! =]] I miss you all & im leaving town today but hopfully the hotel will have a computer & i can blog you guys there! I miss & love you guys!
Hayden
(Laura your birthdays tomorrow!!)
=]

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, Okay this week is hard without you but knowing you are working hard for the Lord makes it where we can handle it. Hope you are taking lots of pictures, everyone is asking about you. Kelly was here last night and can't wait to see you also. Please be careful and remember to say your prayers. Love, Hugs and Kisses for Ever...........Nan and Grampsy We were so upset we weren't here when you called. I've played the message a hundred times just to listen to you. Nan

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST GRANDDAUGHTER IN THE WHOLE WORLD....LAURA BETH ANTHONY.....WE WILL CELEBRATE WHEN YOU GET HOME....HAPPY 15TH....HAPPY 15TH.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Heather,
I hope that you are both well! Chris you got your schedule for school in the mail today. Looks like you got drivers ed first semester. I can't believe i'm going to have my youngest child driving. You better be saying some prayers for your Mum. It's going to be an interesting year!
Well, only several more days and i'll be able to give those huge hugs! Dad and I are so proud of both of you and can't wait to hear your stories! I hope that you have been doing your journals.
Love you both dearly!!
We are also proud of the rest of you too! God Bless! Love Mum (Beverley)
P.S. I got my US passport so I
guess i'm officially not an alien anymore (-:
Shannon,
Your email from George made me cry! It was so beautiful! Young love (-:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanny Boo, One last time I will try to send a message.This has been a disaster for me and I'm so sorry.Probably something very simple that I'm not doing. I Love You Baby Girl !! I'm so proud of you.Daddy,Jes and the boys send their love, Big Pa too.Sorry I missed your call. That really stinks! Can't wait to talk to you. George's messages are so sweet. i love him to pieces!!! I'm so glad you have a love like that. Take care of yourself.(Whats this about a hurt finger?) Love Mommy

Hi Tonia,Cindy,Angela and the whole gang. I miss you terribly. I love reading this blog.It's great and to hear all of the awesome things that are being done in Christ's Name. Stars for your crown!!! Love Hilda