Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day 2

Note from the Bonk´s
Hi everyone, Morrow, Nickens, Sennett & Sale, we miss you guys already! We had an an exciting start with the whole alarm clock thing, (note from Tonia-can you believe they were late¿) but we are all here and its great as always. The hotel is so nice, its not the Marriott, but super nice. How is Dad¿ Give all the babies kisses. We love you, will write more later.

Note from Heather Stewart
Hi everyone! mom, dad, hayden, kate, amber and everyone i love you and miss you so much. Airport security is weird now they have these fingerprint and photo things. Woo hoo! All is well here, we are all so excited! Te amo mucho! Carinos

Note from Nicole Garcia
Irene and Gabriel- I love you guys and miss you guys tons! I really wish you were here. The first day was tons of fun but I thought about you guys alot! love always!

Note from Alyssa Keyso
Hayden my love, I miss u soooo much I´m still riding clean. I can´t wait to see you, you are the best.

Irene and Gabe I love you so much and miss you, yes even you gabe. Irene i hugged your novio for you.

Note from Laura Beth Anthony
Mom, dad and Hayden, hey i miss you guys so much. But its been really cool here so far. The plane was great except for some turns and the landing. Its actually so far not that hot here. Our hotel is good, well i love you all. Talk to you soon. p.s. mom, people drive worse than you do. smile!

Note from Karen Nerkins
Family at Central, I am having a great time and we are going to work today. Everyone is safe. p.s. I love you mom and dad

Note from Ashley Day
Mom, Dad and Anna, Please tell the boys about the blog. Rob said he wanted to see it. Nothing has happened yet but the hotel is nice. I love and miss you.

Note from Mari Catherine
Hey ya´ll, everything is fine. We got here and got settled in. I am in a room with caitlin, melissa, and Britt. talk to you later love ya.

Note from Brittany
Hey everyone! I made it here safely and have settled in nicely with Caitlin, Melissa and Mari Catherine. I hope everything is going well at home I miss you.

Note from Caitlin
Hi everyone, so far everything has gone smoothly. The hotel is nice. the bathroom is clean! I miss you all a lot and I love you all! Hope all is well at home.

Note from Melissa Jenkins
Hey mom, dad and diana- I miss you guys! I´m having a great time so far. Don´t worry, I´m fine. Pray for us as often as possible and tell Eddie i said hi. Love ya!

Note from Sammi Conley
Hey mom, jaime, caleb and little keagan. I love you all sooo much! miss you! oh and say hi to Mrs. Jody! love ya!

note from Beca Clifton
Hey family, thought i´d write to let you know we made it here safely. miss you! love ya!

note from Michael Kearley
Hey Irene,
We are all together now. I was a bit sad to leave Amber´s house and all the friends I met there, but I am glad to be with the group! I am missing you a lot. Don´t worry, I´m safe....
Love, Michael

Note from Shannon Davis
Mom, Dad, Angie & Alan,
I´m here! Love you guys! Tell the kids Hi for me!
Georgi!
If I don´t get to write again before Wednesday, Good Luck on your final! Love you Boo! Miss you like crazy! Take care sweetie!
Love, Shannon

Note from Ashley Keyso
Hey Irene, Gabe, Hayden and Kate!
Miss you guys a ton! Hope you´re loving America, be safe!
Love, Ashley Keyso

Note from Angela Garcia
Hi Irene and Gabe,
I really miss you guys. Irene I gave Micael 1 BIG Hug for you! We are doing great. I love you. God bless, Angela

Mom and Kim,
We got here fine, I miss talking to you I love you. Give Caroline a Big Kiss.
God bless,Angela

Note from Heather Garcia
Irene,
Wad up cuz 101.
I miss yo so very much. I hope all is well in Tampa and that your keeping yourself occupied! I love you very much, I´m going to miss your laughs this next two weeks. Just to let you know I gave Michael his journal. Well cousin I´ll be writing you more. Love you so much, Heather Garcia
Gabriel,
I love you and miss you. Have fun continuing to watch soccer! Lucky you!
Muah! Heather Garcia

Note from Gary and Mikey Marrs
Melody,
Mikey and I are doing very well this place has really grown since the last time we were here. Hope you are safe - enjoy your trip to Pennsylvania.
We love you much, Gary and Mikey´

Note from Catie Bonk
Hey everyone,
I´m having fun. I miss you all. Emily and cast, I hope you are working hard and having fun.
Carrie and Ryan, It´s not the same without you.
Love, Catie Bonk

Note to Caleb Conley from Sam
We arrived Monday. I am keeping a daily journal, and will give lots of details when I return. Today we went to a place called Mololoa. Sammi and I worked with a couple of doctors and some other workers and set up a medical clinic. We saw about 53 patients in about 4-5 hours. We were late getting started. Johnny worked with a group on the mountain above us building stairs for the community there. Click on comment to reply to this blog and let me know if there is any news. Someone who is editing the blog will give me the message. Give everyone my love. I miss you guys. Give mom and Ting Tang a hug for me.


Note from Tonia
Hey everyone-too many to mention- i am tired!! I love you all and miss you. Today was a crazy day, Tami and I were on David´s crew- he does an amazing job. Had cj with us and Ashley and Heather- all worked so well together. Some bumps and bruises but we survived the great footing on the mountian. We made lots of little friends and did i mention worked really hard. Casey came and helped our group for bit because we helped the other two with unloading their supplies. That was nice. I plan to be on his team tomorrow. Taking lots of pictures- not surprised are you¿ Berry family- Mark is doing great- he loves it here!! Beverley and tom your kids are doing great- yes heather was the one with the scraped knee- but she is fine. Suzanne- Alex is doing great, he worked on the same team with Casey today. All the sites were close by so I took pictures of all of them. Ashley and Alyssa worked hard and got to spend good time with the kids. Great day!! I´m exhausted!!!


Day 2 Note from Tonia
We got to sleep in today until eight, started the day with a devo and then split into work crews. 3 on houses, one building a stairway up the side of a mountain, and a medical team.
The medical team saw 57 patients and had a very successful day. The 3 houses were not completed due to Surprise!! wood not being delivered on time. But tomorrow looks to be more promising. Finishing up the 3 houses and getting started on 4 more. The stairs also had wood issues and needs about 2 hours of work. Bob Matthews is heading that up. The weather was beautiful today, sun was out and a nice breeze on the mountain. Everyone worked overtime today, working so hard in the sun, lots of changes in plans, everyone kept a smile on their face and worked so hard! Coming back to Baxter we expected to be fed in the cafeteria, but surprise this is honduras and they were not expecting us. We went into town and had fast food- which pleased everyone. Back to Baxter for a devotional under the stars and then the boys played ball and the hotel folks headed home to hot showers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonia, thanks for all the info! Heather, why am I not surprised it was you who hurt her knee! I found you a photograph album for all those pictures your going to bring back. Chris I got you a tee-shirt. I know you will like it! Chris try and send me a message if you get a chance. I'd like to know how your doing! Who are you both rooming with? Well, i'll talk with you later! Dad and I are so proud of you both. Love to everyone! Keith we hope you are staying well! Mum (Beverley)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! Well I am going to try this again, I am not really sure if you guys got my comment from yesterday but I tried posting it twice and I think the second time it went thru...Anyways...Hi everyone I miss you all so much is so cool that you guys get to write little comments now, it made me feel so loved...Let me start first with Nicky I love you so much and I am so proud of you, I cant wait to see pictures of your face covered with paint...Heather my homie G I miss you :( you know how it be going down here in Tampa lol (I hope Keith is reading this), is hard not having my sister around, now I dont have anyone to make me laugh. I know how much this trip means to you and I am sure you are working really hard and I am very proud of you, stay safe Homie G...Remeber I have eyes everywhere lol, Peace, Love you. Alyssa, thanks for the favor I know I can always count on you, I hope you are having a good time over there with your sister. Ash she missed you a lot and so do I, things are good here, I cant wait to hear all your stories. Angela knowing you I know this comment might make you cry, but I wanted to let you know that I miss you, I miss our talks and dont worry I am doing good, I love you. Heidi and Mikey I love you guys, I hope you guys are having a great time and Heidi dont worry me an Bekah are making signs this weekend and posting flyers so people can vote for your movie. Tio Gabriel I love you and I know that today when I go to church is going to feel weird because you are not there giving me a great lesson, I love you tio and I miss you and your jokes. Michael, hey Mr. is good to hear that you are doing great and that you are safe, dont get too sad about leaving the boys and Amber I am sure you will get to see them again, Hey guess what they are starting to pass Rebelde again yay!!! sorry you have to miss it...I love you and I miss you, and I cant wait for you to get home. To everyone else I cant say it enough I am so very proud of all of you, everything that you are doing is amazing, I look up to you guys not only because most of you are taller than me, but because you get to do something as great as this is...I love you guys...Stay safe...P.S Mrs. Tonia I have to give my lesson today, I am really prepared so I hope it goes good, Ill let you know...

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Thanks for the comments =]] I miss you guys soo much & i cant wait till you get back. Laura i havent gotten any of your emails but Ive sent a few. If any of you guys do want to email me (please do!!!) Laura has my email!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I cant wait to hear from you & I hope your having fun!
Haha & i love what Laura put about her mom!! Thats so funny she called us this morning & told us how embarrassed she was!!
I love you all,
Hayden
=]]

Anonymous said...

Hey Beca,
Nobody else wants to talk to you so I am going to leave you a message. #$%#^*&(*&%$^%$#. I forgot to tell you its in code. Have fun working it out.
love
Sarah
P.S. Hope Mikah doesn't forget who you are. JK. She won't.