Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 10 Thursday

I forgot to mention that Terrell Travis did the morning devo yesterday, and that Gabriel Garcia (our banker)did it the morning before. These guys do well getting us motivated for the new day. This morning-early afternoon we were treated to what i believe is the first devo done by Alex Holder. He has the distinction of doing the devo at the feet of the Jesus statue in a beautiful park overlooking the city of Tegucigalpa. Not bad for a young man just finishing 9th grade. This is the same area we were in last night for dinner. The kids and adults alike enjoyed their notes from home, and money for dinner. It was a beautiful night and LeCumbre means "the view" and did we ever have a beautiful one!! Dinner was a petite piece of chicken and a petite piece of steak?, both were good, dessert was yummy. We all relaxed and enjoyed!!!
Also this morning a small group of men and Ana Randolph (another expert roofer) went out and did the finishing touches on the last 3 homes. That brought the total to 23 all with floors. I don't have the total number of people who were treated at the clinic, but it was a great undertaking and Wayne did an excellent job. He had some talented helpers too. (He wants to come back in 6 months FYI Julie!!) More food was distributed in another village, and then we all went to lunch. After lunch everyone except Keith and I (we dropped off all the tools to be stored for the next year) went to visit with the kids at the Blind School. These kids are so amazing they will enjoy playing with everyone and then they will sing for us. They have the most beautiful voices- like nothing you have ever heard. After that we will sing a few songs for them. It will be a great afternoon for all.
Keith is paying bills at the Baxter office- and that is where i am now.
Once the group gets back we will pass out the soccer jerseys and take a group picture, minus the few that have left us early! Tonight the kids will play soccer on the field here and then to bed. We plan to leave here at 6am and arrive in Tela around noon. We are all looking forward to this mini retreat!! So by for now, and thank you all for all the encouragement and prayers!!!! We have said it before, but this is an awesome group of teens and adults who are so proud to have served as we have for the past 10 days. Much love from all of us!!!!

Note from Tonia-
Mom, tell Renetta that i will pick the kids up on Monday- I miss them so much. I can't wait for a giant hug from Nicholas and Alex. I hope you all are showing Alexa pictures of us, wouldn't want her to forget us!! Tami and the rest of us are looking forward to hugs from the whole family- seems like we have been here a long time!! Hope you enjoyed the show.
lots and lots of love!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Chris, Hope that you have a wonderful time in Tela. Chris, I bet you enjoyed the steak last night! Have a safe trip home, can't wait to see you! Keith, Tonia and all the other adults thank you so much for all the updates and for taking such great care of our kids! We love you all! God Bless! Mum, (Beverley)

Toni Torocco said...

Tonia and Tami, I'm not sure you'll be getting anymore mail, but in case you do, I'll keep writing. I will let Renetta know you want the kids on Monday. I keep talking to Alexa about the both of you. DOn't worry she won't forget either one of you and I let the boys know you keep sending hugs and kisses all the way from Honduras. Also, good news, I talked to Daddy today and he was helping move Myrna, so that's good - they finally got that in the works. Chicago was WONDERFUL!!!!! Just loved it!! Everybody else is fine. Mark's car won't be ready when you guys get back. The guy is pretty backed up, but the price can't be beat. Well, love you both, and miss all of you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jonathon,

With the trip winding down I don't feel the need to stay so glued to the blog. Dad and I will be praying you re-energize in Tela. Have a wonderful time and we pray God continues to bless each of you as you return home. We can't wait to see you again.
Fred and I spent the entire day in St. Cloud meeting with city officials and touring the area for a triathlon they want us to put on next year. It was a lot of fun. I think he's going to let you go to the Louisville Tri with us to work. SWEET!! You and I will fly into Nashville so we can go to Bowling Green for a few days to see the fam.

Love you son,
Mom, Dad, Aaron and the furry beast

Anonymous said...

Is this the last time for you guys to blog?? Well if so im coming to church Subday night to see you guys & I have a surprise for Laura! Yay!! OK well have fun at that T place I dont remember what it was called or how to say it so, have fun & be safe! I miss you guys!!
Hayden
=]]

Anonymous said...

Hey Tami......
Its Deana! I hope you get this timely! I got your email, just want you to know that we miss you here and I am praying protection for your safe return home! I am so impressed with what you all have been doing and the difference you are making in those beautiful peoples lives! I am amazed and in awe of the love and dedication that you are putting into this experience. You did good my friend! Be safe and walk away from this knowing that you made such an impact on this journey. Wish I could have been there with you! Call when you get in and let me know you made it ok!

Love you
Deana

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura... I've written you twice but I don't think I did it right. So one more try. Grampsy and I are so proud of you and all the Northwest Family. God has blessed you so much so work hard and enjoy your friendship and love with one another. Thank Tonia for all she does to let families know their love ones are okay. Love, Hugs and Kisses.... Nan